Don’t you just hate it when you’re thinking of a song, or a book, or a film and you can remember loads of details but just cannot get the name
Lately I’ve been thinking of a book I read way back in the early to mid nineties. It was a good book, perhaps not a great book, but because I just can’t get the name I can’t get it out of my head. Maybe if I jot down all my memories of the book it’ll offer some clues.
- I think the book was called patriots
- The plot regarded a woman army intelligence offer who is framed for murder (with a body stuffed into her footlocker) in order to keep her locked up for the duration of the novel.
- Her crazy mad genius ex is unhappy with the government ( i think this is due to bad treatment of Vietnam veterans ) and creates an elaborate plan to teach them a lesson.
- All the conspirators are given the go by the phrase “the sun will rise tomorrow”
- Two of the conspirators were navy aviators during Vietnam, one was left crippled in a VA hospital. As part of the plan they are taken onto a navy base where they steal an F14 which they then use to blow up the Secretary of Defences yacht (and the helicopter he’s trying to escape in).
- The overall plan seems to be to raise the DEFCON level for whatever reason.
No idea of the author, but the book was a little Tom Clancy in style. Anyone else out there have maybe read this ?